Chestnut arm with chestnut cream
- 60 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 1.2 / person
- 345kcal per 100g.
- Desserts and sweets recipes
- Recipes for special occasions
Ingredients for Gypsy arm with chestnut cream
- For the cake: 4 eggs (size L)
- 120 gr. of sifted flour
- 120 gr. of sugar
- ½ envelope of baking powder (8 gr.)
- a pinch of fine salt
- For the filling: 300 gr. chestnut cream
- 150 ml of liquid cream (to assemble)
- For decoration: Cocoa powder without sugar (your favorite brand) and cinnamon sticks
Chestnut arm with chestnut cream. One of the dessert recipes more traditional, of those of all the life, is the arm of gypsy. And in this recipe I have given it a different touch, with a Chestnut cream for the filling.
The Genovese sponge cake and the preparation is the same, changing only the sweet filling. A dessert that you can prepare throughout the year, since you will find chestnut cream already prepared, of very good quality and that I recommend in the recipe in any supermarket or large area.
In my Ourense land and also in the rest of Galicia, the chestnut He is one of the star protagonists of autumn. His most popular party, the Magostos, exalt this autumnal product, the chestnut. There are already many companies dedicated to making products derived from chestnut, such as chestnut cream that you can use in many desserts.
As for the cake, I remember that in my house they had a kind of "tin" or metal mold, already special to prepare it. In my case, I have done it in the oven tray, which is equally worth it. Then we cut it and it will be perfect.
Once finished gypsy arm, the decoration also has its important point. To beat the diners at the table I opted for some sprinkled cocoa powder and some slices of cinnamon sticks.
Preparation of the gypsy arm stuffed with chestnut cream
- We mount the cream with the blender, and add to the chestnut cream. With a spatula we mix with enveloping movements, so that it is very creamy. We reserve in the fridge, so you will get texture and consistency.
- We separate the yolks from the whites. We ride the egg whites until stiff, with a pinch of salt. When they are ready, we add the yolks, while mixing well.
- Then the sugar, which we slowly add, and continue mixing without stopping. Finally, we pour the flour and stir again to obtain a homogeneous cream without lumps.
- Preheat the oven, 5 minutes at 180º C. Place paper on the baking sheet, and pour the cream on it. We bake about 10/12 minutes, in the heat up-down or "total heat" function. Stay tuned so you don't roast too much.
- We remove and let it temper, covered with a clean cloth. We turn the tray over and unmold. We cut the corners, and leave a rectangle. With the help of the rag, we roll the cake (wide), so that it takes the form.
- With the help of the rag, we roll up the cake, so that it takes the form. We leave covered and rolled up, until it cools. Unwind, spread the cream of chestnuts and cream, and rewind carefully. Until we get a perfect curl.
- The rolled sponge cake we put it in the fridge to cool, and the cream compacts even more. At least it must be about 2 hours, although I recommend doing it on "eve", the day before.
- The best option is to decorate it for a while before serving it at the table. Sprinkle cocoa powder on the gypsy arm, with the help of a strainer. Above, I have put some broken slices of cinnamon sticks on it.
Its decoration is open to many options, you can accompany it with brown-glazed chestnuts, chocolate chips, berries, etc. What you like most at home. Cheer up with this dessert, I assure you that you will succeed at the table with this dessert.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this Gypsy arm recipe with chestnut cream. Do not miss detail to make it perfect.