- 40 minutes
- For 5 people
- € 1.6 / person
- 245kcal per 100g.
- Salad and vegetable recipes
Ingredients for Ham rolls
- 2 packages of cooked ham
- 2 medium onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 8 thick green asparagus (approximately)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- For the béchamel: 1 heaped tablespoon of wheat flour
- 50 g of butter
- 1 glass of skim milk (220 ml.)
- A pinch of salt
- And aromatic to taste (I recommend): 3 g. of oregano, 3 g. of basil, 3 g. of thyme and a pinch of nutmeg
How to make some stuffed ham rolls.
Who said a tasty recipe has to be at odds with it being healthy?
Anyone who thinks like that just has to make me a little case and prepare this recipe, somecooked ham rolls with vegetables, to change your mind.
You have to take care of yourself and pamper yourself, but eating well every day and this dish takes that philosophy to heart, some green asparagus They remove the hiccups, onions, red and green peppers, a little garlic without passing, tomato that tastes like tomatoes and a light sauce to gather flavors.
A meat recipe healthy, simple to prepare and of course tasty, that we have achieved with these cannelloni where cooked ham becomes the protagonist replacing pasta.
We have filled them with vegetables, but you can change choose the one you like best. I have already prepared it several times and this latest version is undoubtedly the best.
Imagination to the power to put those vegetables that you like: artichokes, celery, chives, asparagus, pepper, tomato ... always with the base of a good stir fry ... What do you expect to enter the kitchen and get to work?
- We wash all the vegetables we are going to use.
- Cut the green asparagus a little longer than the width of the cooked ham so that they stand out when rolling them.
- We heat water in a saucepan and when it starts to boil add two generous handfuls of salt.
- Cook the asparagus for 5 minutes, just enough to make al dente, neither too soft nor too hard. Remove from water and reserve on a plate.
- We cut the onions in julienne and the peppers in sticks about 5 cm long.
- In a casserole add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and pass the onion until it is golden and sweet.
- We booked in a bowl. Then, in the same casserole sauté the pepper until it releases some of its water, we reserve in another bowl, waiting for the final assembly.
- Peel two cloves of garlic and sauté in the same casserole where we have prepared the onion and peppers.
- As soon as the color changes we add the asparagus and give it a touch of heat, with 1 minute on each side is more than enough. We already have all the ingredients to prepare our rolls.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut into small squares, reserve while waiting for the bechamel.
Preparation of the light sauce bechamel
- We sift the flour with a strainer, it is important that lumps are not produced later.
- We put in a saucepan to heat the milk on fire for 4-5 minutes without boiling it and then speed up the process of preparing the sauce.
- In another saucepan we pour the butter and heat it over low heat until it melts, it has to return to a hazelnut color and it will take out some foam that we can remove if we want.
- Then we add the sifted flour and let it mix until they form small golden dough masses (Roux, is the name that has the mixture of flour and butter that will help us bind the béchamel).
- We stir the flour with the butter very well with a wooden spoon until it is like a ball.
- You can also use butter and olive oil to equal measures. The oil gives a special touch, you can try to see if you like it.
- We put the hot milk in the saucepan, add salt, pepper to taste, oregano, thyme, basil and some ground nutmeg.
- Stir continuously with a rod (5-6 minutes).
- To control the temperature it is best to leave the fire to a minimum. It will be a homogeneous mixture and most importantly, without lumps.
- If you do not control this sauce and you have lumps, you can fix it with a touch of blender, so it will be perfect.
- Finally we add the pieces of the tomato out of the fire and gather flavors. Let rest.
Final preparation of the rolls and final presentation
- Preheat the oven to 180º C. We put the ham in a bowl and place in the middle an asparagus, a little onion, a few pieces of pepper and a teaspoon of bechamel with tomato.
- Close the slices of cooked ham until they are rolled in the form of a canutillo, as if it were a cannelloni. So until we have 5 of these rolls, we cover them all with the light bechamel.
- Bake 5 minutes at 190º C in the middle of the oven with heat up, down and air.
- In the final minutes we give a touch of gratin with the grill for 1 minute on the top of the oven and they are ready!
A very simple recipe and a spectacular result. Now to cook and enjoy!
You can see all the photos step by step in theRecipe stuffed ham rolls. Do not miss detail and it will be perfect.
Tips for some cannelloni of cooked ham
- It is a dish that is recommended to eat warm. Thus we take advantage of the creaminess of this light bechamel as soon as it leaves the oven. You can take them as a first course, as the only meal for a light dinner or perfect to take in the tupper to work.
- The grilled vegetables that we have used combine with the cooked ham and all flavor works perfectly as the base of the dish. You must control very well the times of the end of the recipe so that all the ingredients are tender and juicy, with the flavors of the field.
- Basil, thyme and oregano the light bechamel They play a very important role and if we accompany it with pieces of natural tomato ... the flavor will transfer you to your grandmother's house.
- It freezes perfectly, so if you feel like making a quantity there is no problem. Since then you can keep it in containers suitable for freezing and have it ready for another occasion. Remember to defrost the day before and in the fridge.