"Cauliflower" rice with baked sea bream
The rice or couscous Cauliflower has been established as an alternative to rice and other carbohydrate-rich ingredients. Many people who control their consumption use this vegetable in this way, as it is tasty and satiating. In addition, its success is also due to the fact that prepared in this way does not give off as much smell as when it is boiled and much more people like it.
To make cauliflower rice it is useful to have a food processor or at least a large hole grater to grate it. You can also chop a knife, but for this it is best to have an onion or chef knife that is large and well sharpened. Cut the cauliflower into pieces, remove the leaves and, putting it on a stable base, start cutting very thin slices and chop them until they look like rice. It takes time, but the result is worth it.
Once you have the chopped cauliflower, you can saute it with other ingredients or put it on a baking sheet and cook it in a moment. Be sure to season it well, either with ingredients such as onion, garlic, shallots, leek or chives, as with spices, salt and herbs. To make this recipe I have used dorado, but the croaker, salmon or even sardines can be wonderful.
If you do not have a processor to chop it, it can be somewhat cumbersome, but nothing so bad that it does not compensate for the final result.
For 4 people
- 1 large cauliflower
- 150 g yellow onion
- 200 g of clean edamame (about 400 if in pods)
- 4 golden fillets, without spines
- 50 g raw cashews
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A handful of parsley
- A handful of coriander
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the oven to 220ºC.
- Make the cauliflower rice by chopping the cauliflower with a food processor, with a grater or by hand with a knife. Also chop the onion and garlic into very small pieces.
- Prepare the edamame according to the package instructions. Once done, remove the beans if it comes in pods.
- In a baking dish or baking dish, mix cauliflower with edamame, onion, garlic, cashew nuts, oil and salt to taste. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove the source from the oven and place the golden fillets with the skin facing up and bake 8-12 minutes more or until they are done (it will depend on how thick the pieces are). If you like cauliflower to be more whole, put the golden brown directly and do only the second cooking.
- Remove the dish from the oven and serve with chopped parsley and cilantro to taste and a little freshly ground pepper.